Using LED Lights at Home
LED lights first appeared in the 60s, but have just recently made the jump into modern homes. Now, LED Lights are used for lighting applications, such as space lighting for the nooks and crannies of your home you wish to accentuate. Recent advances in LED lights have made it possible for LED lights to be used throughout your home - modernizing their 60's cool. Here are some excellent reasons to let LED lights move into your home.
- LED bulbs burn cooler; this can help prevent fires.
- LED lights burn more efficiently and lasts much longer than incandescent lighting, which saves energy and money.
- LED lights are durable. Consumer Reports recently compared LED Lights, to regular incandescent bulbs. The LED bulbs far out-performed the incandescent.
- LED lights are healthier for the environment.
Great reasons and uses for LED lights at home.
These are all good reasons to use LED lights. Due to LED lights being highly energy efficient, not to mention technologically superior and cooler than other light sources such as incandescent and fluorescent lighting, LED lights have reached beyond electronic gadgets and into home lighting. LED lights work well in small spaces or places where you need close, indirect light. Great uses for LED lights at home include:
- Reading lights
- In stairways or closets
- Recessed lighting
- Linear strip lighting
- Night lights
- To showcase something - an art piece for example
- Lights you see inside a glass door cupboard
- Outdoor and porch lighting
LED lights are a hip way to add accent lighting to your home without sucking up a ton of energy and blowing up your electrical bill. The technology has come a long way since the 60's, but LED lights have still managed to keep their ‘cool'.