Indoor-Outdoor LED Lighting
Get your “Green” on with LED lighting.
LED lighting is emerging as the leading green lighting source. Advances in LED lighting is making the technology more and more accessible for people who are looking for a little mood lighting and wish to get their “Green” on as well. Below is a list of the myriad residential indoor and outdoor uses for LED lighting.
Indoor LED Lighting
- Staircase: Use recessed LED lighting in the wall adjacent to a staircase as a feature and a guide light. Small round LED lights are most suitable for this type of application. Position the lights in the wall, on a line midway between each stair nosing.
- Hallway: Use recessed LED lighting in the wall near to the floor to provide feature lighting. Position rectangular (longitudinal) recessed lights in the wall approximately 200mm above the floor level for a good effect.
- Nursery: Use LED lighting in a nursery, to provide low level lighting that you can leave on during the night, being low illumination and low cost. Use the colour blue for this application; it will create a serene lighting effect.
- Floor: Use LED lighting recessed into the floor in any room to provide feature and guide lighting. It's cool running and you and the pets, can walk on it.
- Bathroom: Use LED lighting recessed into the floor to provide feature and guide lighting. In the walls to create mood lighting.
Outdoor LED Lighting
- Entrance to Driveway: Use LED lighting here to mark the entrance to your driveway.
- Use LED brick lights to replace a brick in the wall either side of the entrance.
- Position LED lighting on gateposts.
- Garden: Use LED lighting here to great visual effect, by highlighting areas of shrubbery, borders to flower beds and accents to individual trees and plants of interest.
- Use spotlights and LED ground buried lights to theme the lighting, using particular colors to add interest and make your garden come alive. Enjoy your garden not only in the day, but also at night.
- Patio: Use surface mounted or ground buried LED lighting here to add interest and define the outline, or mark out particular areas of the patio.
- Decking: Use surface or recessed LED lighting here to add interest and define the outline, or mark out particular areas of the decking platform.
- Pond: Use submersible LED lighting in the pond to add color and to bring life to this area of your garden
Feel free to illuminate guilt-free. LED lighting is an environmentally conscious way to light up your home and garden.