clicktight strip light dc plug connector
Clicktight Strip Light DC Plug Connector
Connects LED Strip Light to a Plug-in DC Adapter with an easy-to-use clip style.
The Clicktight™ Strip Light DC Plug Connector is a simple, secure connector for connecting most of our single color LED Strip Lights to a power source. This LED cable eliminates the need to solder, and is easier to use than our standard Flexible LED Strip Light DC Plug Connector, and provides a more secure connection. This LED strip connector joins our LED strip lighting with a 12V DC adapter, and features our special Clicktight™ locking connector at one end, and a 1/4 inch female DC coaxial plug at the other which connects directly to our 12V Adapters.
The Clicktight™ Connector comes in a variety of types to fit these Elemental LED strips:
- Standard type: fits Flexible, Softview™ and High Density Strips
- Brighter type: fits Brighter and High Density Brighter Strip Light
Elemental recommends that you pre-assemble all components in an LED light installation before installing them permanently to insure that components are properly connected. Using this connector couldn't be simpler:
- Please note: If you are installing High Density Strip, cut the strip so that both pairs of contacts remain on the end towards the Clicktight™ Connector. (Because of the density of LED chips, both pairs of contacts are necessary on the connecting end.) See the Wiring Diagrams tab for an illustration. For all other strips, cut on the point indicated by a scissors icon, between the pairs of contacts, so that only one pair of contacts fits into the Clicktight™.
- Flip open the locking clip.
- Slide one end of the Strip Light under the two metal tabs. If the strip does not light up, simply connect the other end of the strip to the connector.
- Close the locking clip.
- Plug into a DC adapter.
(Product SKUs: EL-DCSTRPPLGF-STD, EL-DCSTRPPLGF-BRT, EL-DCSTRPPLGF-STD-LC, EL-SCON-DC-8, EL-SCON-DC-10)
Good connector, not so easy to use
February 27, 2013 by Kenneth
These things do work as advertised. However, I found out that the end LED on the strip-light does interfere with the connector. I had to go to my soldering station, and unsolder and remove the end LED. After doing this minor rework, everything worked as advertised.
LED Strip light
November 30, 2012 by Thomas Sheppleman
The lights are awesome. Installation was a snap. The only problem was closing the plug connector on the strip lights. Every time I closed the connector the lights went out. After a number of trials and error I finally got the lights to stay on.
Compatible with: Flexible, Softview™, High Density (standard type); Brighter and High Density Brighter Strip Lights (brighter type)
Weight: 0.2 oz.
Length: 5.4 in.
Inside Width (strip connector): 0.3 in. (standard), 0.4 in. (brighter)
Width (DC plug): 0.4 in.
Voltage: 12V DC
Wire Gauge: 22 AWG
Will this work with the waterproof flexible led strip? Standard or brighter option?
From Troy at
3/27/13 4:53 PM
Technically you may connect these connectors to the end of a Waterproof LED Strip Light by removing the silicone from the entire end of the Strip. This unfortunately makes the Strip Light no longer waterproof.
We would suggest using a Waterproof Solder Connector Pair in conjunction with an LED Light Bar Adapter Cable. This will achieve the same effect, but would allow the Strip Light to remain waterproof.